Wednesday 27 June 2012

Transfăgărășan, Bâlea Lac

Last weekend I went on a mini road trip to relax after finishing my exams. It was nice to get away from everything for a while and to breathe some fresh mountain air. When I was little I used to spend quite a lot of time of my summer holidays in the mountains, and I never realized how much I missed that until now. The photos don't do real justice of the beauty of these places, but they should give you an idea of how serene everything is up there.

Brave people paragliding :) 

 Bâlea Lac

  Bâlea Lac

  

 Rain


 The Salvamont cabin

Transfăgărășan and my feet :)

 Myself, and the panorama from Bâlea

The Bâlea Lac cabin, where we stayed for the night 

 Bâlea Lac, rain, and a patch of snow :)

 Mountain path and mountain spring :) 

Transfăgărășan in the evening and me lying on the grass :) 

 View from where I lay on the grass

View from where I lay on the grass

Dad, wondering around

Watching the sunset on the porch of the cabin  

 View from the porch of the cabin

A lake we found when we climbed the top of the massive Șaua Caprei

Bâlea Lac and Transfăgărășan, seen from the top of the massive Șaua Caprei 


View from the top of the massive Șaua Caprei 

Tourists :) 

Back down, fog had taken over the lake

Fog, and tourists wondering around the lake

Bâlea Cabin, surrounded by fog

Me, on the porch of the cabin, before we left


View from the porch of the cabin, before we left 

Bâlea Waterfall 

Bâlea Waterfall

This was a rough selection of photos, but my weekend didn't end here, so there will be more soon. :)

2 comments:

  1. deci Codri, pozele astea sunt superbe <3!

    (uh, and i hope you get better, avand in vedere ultima postare :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. multumesc mult Ralu!
      and I hope I get better too...of >:D<

      Delete